- Query of specific objects in the PLM database, based on any attribute
- Access to documents of any kind, through the appropriate application (e.g. Microsoft Office or viewers)
- Tree view of the Bill of Materials (BoM) Approval process
- Change Request process initiation (Issue) Report launch
- Alert activation on various devices (workstations, mobile phone, pager, etc.)
- Simultaneous access to different PLM systems, e.g. ENOVIA and Teamcenter (*) for their integrated view
- Data export in MS Excel format
- Publication of PDF files
- Management of external suppliers including engineering services suppliers
- Data segregation for different suppliers up to the file level
PLM Explorer® is already in use at a Major Defence Company where it has completely replaced the old UI of a legacy PLM application.
PLM Explorer® has also been adopted by a Major Automotive Company to build the foundation of its Engineering Supplier Portal, which is used to segregate their internal PLM system from a “staging area” where their co-design suppliers all over the world deliver their work. Once approved by selected internal personnel the deliverables are automatically transferred to the Company PLM database.